CRISPR Therapeutics is focused on the development of transformative gene-based medicines for serious diseases. This mission defines our company, unites our teams, and inspires our work.
Our mission is supported by our dedication to conducting business with the highest standards of corporate responsibility. Our goal is to build a culture of diverse and passionate people striving to positively impact patients, our communities, and broader society.
We focus on the following areas:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: a commitment to equitable workplaces and operations
- We believe that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace allows our company to best fulfill our mission.
- We are committed to continuing our efforts to increase diversity throughout our company and foster an inclusive work environment that supports our employees and the communities we serve.
- We have established a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee that is working to amplify this focus at the company. In all the countries in which we operate, it is our policy to fully comply with all applicable laws regarding discrimination in the workplace.
- We recruit the best people for the job regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, cultural background, or religious belief.
Nurturing Employee Talent: a commitment to the long-term growth of our employees
- At CRISPR Therapeutics, our employees are most critical to our success. We are building a world-class research and development organization with outstanding people who want to make a difference. Together, we tackle challenges fearlessly, take measurable steps towards achieving our mission and have fun.
- As part of our commitment to the continued development of our employees, we offer skill development courses, manager training, leadership development opportunities, tuition reimbursement and robust online course training libraries for reference on a myriad of development topics. We also have several examples of cross-functional career development in addition to traditional promotions within functions in the organization.
Serving Patient Communities: a commitment to thoughtful research and patient engagement
- We are seeking to address healthcare disparities through supporting equitable access. For example, we supported the National Black Caucus of State Legislators in passage of a Resolution on Equitable Access for Transformative Therapies for Sickle Cell Disease. Also, we develop product candidates for underserved communities such as our investigational therapy that is being evaluated for patients suffering from severe sickle cell disease, which is particularly common among Black and African American people.
- We listen to patient communities to gain a more complete understanding of serious diseases and their impact on patients’ lives, and when possible and appropriate, communicate with them about our programs, research and technology while following guidelines and regulations that govern our industry. We commit to meaningfully and consistently incorporating patient voices into our drug development process, and we connect our employees with real patient experiences to motivate and inspire their work every day.
- Our goal is to foster ongoing relationships with patient communities and organizations based on transparency, compassion, and respect. Our message to the patient community is “Breaking Through, Together”, which communicates how walking alongside the patient community is critical to our success.
- We support patient advocacy groups that provide critical community programs such as the American Cancer Society and its Hope Lodge, which offer cancer patients and families a free place to stay while participating in a clinical trial or receiving treatment in locations away from home. Additionally, we sponsor and engage in education initiatives that create informed and empowered patient communities in collaboration with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and sickle cell disease organizations.
Community Engagement: a commitment to our local and global communities
- We actively support the well-being of the communities in which we operate. Our community engagement goal is to support and connect people working for a healthier future.
- We give back to the community through our support of programs such as Life Science Cares, which supports local service organizations who are working to fight poverty in communities. We were a founding corporate member, and we continue to commit both financial and volunteer support.
- We fund and raise awareness for women-led cancer research as part of the American Cancer Society ResearcHERS: Women Fighting Cancer movement, which aspires to sustain women-led cancer research and recognize the female trailblazers in the field.
- We participate in community engagement supporting Cradles to Crayons, an organization that provides local under-served children with essentials such as clothing, books and toys.
- We also support various local charities including food pantries, holiday drives, annual fundraising walks and organizations focused on providing activity kits to children’s hospitals.
Environmental Responsibility: a commitment to stewardship of natural resources
- Our state-of-the-art facilities are designed to maximize interior daylight and we maintain best-in-class energy efficient research facilities and offices. For example, LEED design standards are incorporated into our manufacturing and office buildings. Additionally, our facilities are thoughtfully designed to be adaptable and flexible to respond to future needs.
- We are dedicated to reducing our carbon footprint, protecting the environment, and safeguarding future sustainability for our employees, patients and the communities in which we operate.
- We encourage our employees to practice environmental sustainability and energy efficiency at our offices and laboratories in Switzerland, the United States, and around the world.
Good Governance: a commitment to corporate governance practices that reflect our aspirations
- CRISPR Therapeutics is dedicated to ethical and transparent corporate governance. Our Board of Directors believes that good corporate governance is important to ensure that our company is managed for the long-term benefit of various stakeholders. The company leadership maintains a focus on guiding the company towards success in its mission of developing transformative, gene-based medicines.
- Learn more about our Leadership and Board of Directors here.
- Our Business Code of Conduct is found here.
- Our Investor Website is found here.
- Our SEC filings (including our annual reports) are found here.
As CRISPR Therapeutics grows and evolves, we will remain dedicated to these principles of corporate responsibility and sustainability, which closely align with our mission.
You are now leaving the CRISPR Therapeutics website.
CRISPR Therapeutics is not responsible for the content or availability of third-party sites.