Associate Director, Strategic Sourcing
The Associate Director of Strategic Sourcing will ensure that all purchases have been made consistent with procurement policy and, as the company accelerates its growth, that purchases are negotiated competitively to ensure the lowest cost without sacrificing quality. In most functional areas where goods, services and/or contract services are being negotiated, the Associate Director of Strategic Sourcing will assist the Function Head in the negotiation and procurement of competitive bidding and selection. This position will also be responsible for managing and cultivating vendor relationships and updating procurement and purchasing policies and procedures as needed. This position will work very closely with the Legal department as contract negotiations are finalized.
- Working closely with each Functional Head, lead, oversee and coordinate the negotiation strategies/efforts and processes on purchase agreements and vendor selection that results in quality, delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Manage and support corporate oversight for procurement and purchases across the company while driving purchasing synergies where appropriate.
- Tracking current and future spend to be sure CRISPR's growing demand is recognized by key suppliers and partners.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements, ethical standards and business controls – including but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley, Risk Management Practices, etc.
- Ensure that the methodology, processes and relationships built to enhance our procurement capability, cost containment and quality and delivery of purchasing continue to nurture a highly collaborative and respectful culture.
- Update procurement policy ensuring our practices are in alignment and the policy is reflective and facilitates the needs of the business.
- Ensure all purchasing is conducted in accordance with company’s delegated authority policy and within budget parameters.
- Special projects as required.
- 5-7 years of relevant Strategic Sourcing/Purchasing experience
- Biotech industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or a related field
- Experience with Oracle preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of strategic sourcing best practices and proven negotiation skills
- Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Demonstrated communication and teamwork capabilities and the ability to work well across the organization.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation.
- Collaborative – Openness, One Team
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-403 in the subject line when emailing resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.