We are seeking Bioinformatics Scientist to join an exciting, fast-growing, and well-financed new company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. The successful candidates will be integral in discovering and developing the next generation of gene therapies. The successful candidates will have significant expertise in computer science, familiarity with digital datatypes in genetics, experience in programming, design and implementation of big-data, massively parallel algorithms in healthcare informatics and bioinformatics. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create important new medicines for patients.
- Participate in research and development of bioinformatics algorithms in order to facilitate analysis of clinical and genetic information to aid in discovery of gene editing targets for novel immuno-oncology and regenerative medicine therapeutics using CRISPR-based gene editing tools
- Participate in design of experimental setup to collect relevant data, and aid in data aggregation, validation, quality control, parsing, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of results
- MS in life sciences or in computer science with +4 years of relevant research and development experience in relevant industry or academia
- Extensive knowledge in object-oriented software design concepts in C/C++, fundamental algorithmic approaches, data containers, C runtime libraries, OS architecture, Linux, shell scripting, communication protocols
- Knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) datatypes, essential algorithms in alignment, variant calling, differential profiling, assembly concepts
- Proficient in parallel algorithm development, optimization of big-data aware software.
- Scientifically rigorous, highly organized, and with significant attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with peers and effectively work in a results-oriented research team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in working with regulatory research data analysis platform High-performance Integrated Virtual Environment (HIVE)
- Familiarity with full stack development concepts in enterprise software/hardware architecture systems
- Familiarity with web-app development, D3 concepts, queuing systems
- Experience in working with healthcare or biomedical IT relevant organizations.
- Experience in life sciences, including biology, chemistry, physics.
- Collaborative – Openness, One Team
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-361 in the subject line when emailing resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on CRISPR Therapeutics, please click here.