Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, Molecular and Cell Biology
We are seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join an exciting, fast growing, and well-financed company to support development of novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. This person will develop genomic-based non-clinical and clinical assays to support the CRISPR Therapeutics pipeline. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create new medicines for patients.
- Develop assays using molecular biology procedures and technologies including DNA/RNA isolation from blood/tissue/FFPE, ddPCR, qPCR, End-Point PCR, Multiplex PCR, NGS library generation, and sequencing on Illumina as well as ABI DNA Analyzer 3500/3730.
- Develop, optimize, and characterize high-quality (GLP/GMP-like) molecular assays and prepare SOPs for technology transfer to external collaborators
- Generate and analyze experimental data and present to key stakeholders
- Maintain laboratory equipment, facilities, consumables, and materials
- Maintain clear and complete records of study material and experimental results
- Work cross-functionally with therapeutic and platform technology groups
- BS (3+ years) or MS (2+ years) in biology or related discipline,
- Understanding of Illumina library prep protocols and extensive experience in preparing Illumina libraries
- Extensive experience operating instruments used in the genomics space, including those used for capillary electrophoresis and sequencing
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, manage time and workflow, and work independently as well as part of a results-oriented research team
- Proficient in Excel and data analysis/visualization using tools such as GraphPad Prism (or similar).
- 4+ years of experience working in a NGS diagnostic laboratory and/or sequencing core lab, with CLIA/CAP lab experience a plus
- Understanding of gene editing tools (CRISPR, TALEN, or ZFN) as well as previous experience in gene editing
- Experience in developing off-the-shelf Illumina library preps protocols
- Experience in drafting, editing and validating SOPs for use in GLP/GMP environments
- Coding experience in at least one coding or scripting language (Java/Python/Perl/R) and comfortable with working in a Unix environment a plus
- Collaborative – Openness, One Team
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-346 in the subject line when emailing resume to: email@example.com.
For more information on CRISPR Therapeutics, please click here.
Crispr Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.