Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, Liver Cell Biology
We are seeking a highly-motivated, innovative, and collaborative Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate to join an exciting, fast growing and well-financed new company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. The successful candidates will be integral in discovering and developing the next generation of genetic therapies for a wide range of indications. Demonstrated expertise in molecular biology, assay development, and mammalian cell culture is required. Experience with CRISPR/Cas9, NextGen Sequencing, and primary hepatocyte culture is highly desirable, but not required. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail and a desire to create new medicines for patients.
- Perform research requiring cell biology techniques including mammalian and primary cell culture, transfection, cell-based assays and analysis
- Perform research requiring molecular biology and protein chemistry techniques including cloning, qPCR, mRNA and DNA analysis, DNA sequencing, protein chemistry and analysis
- Gather and analyze experimental data under the direction of the research scientist or group leader, present to key stakeholders, as required
- Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities, as required
- BS or MS in biology or related discipline and 3+ years of relevant research experience
- Proficient in the relevant areas of cell and molecular biology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a results-oriented research team
- Highly organized with significant attention to detail
- Keen on learning and applying new skill sets and techniques
- Cell culture experience with liver derived cell cultures and/or induced hepatocyte-like cells
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with NextGen Sequencing
- Prior experience working at the bench in close collaboration with a Research Scientist or Postdoc
- Adaptability/Flexibility – The ability to adapt to working effectively within a variety of situations; adapts enthusiastically to organizational change and to changes in job demand
- Communication and Teamwork – The ability to effectively express ideas in written and oral context. The ability to work co-operatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Customer Focus – The desire to understand and anticipate internal/external customer needs and take action to meet or exceed these needs.
- Effective Planning - Embedding discipline and thoroughness in our approaches.
- Problem Solving – The ability to understand a situation, task or problem by breaking it down into smaller pieces using a systematic approach and to identify patterns and connections between situations that are not obviously related.
- Results Oriented – Drives issues to closure and gets the job done.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-381 in the subject line when emailing resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on CRISPR Therapeutics, please click here.