Scientist Immunology/Immuno-Oncology Discovery
We are seeking a Scientist who will lead efforts in developing novel CRISPR-based immunotherapies for oncology. The successful candidate will help build a pipeline of immuno-oncology products and will have strong expertise in immunology and T cell biology. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a commitment to improve the lives of those afflicted with cancer.
- Discover novel CRISPR-based gene edits aimed at improving the efficacy of CAR-T cells
- Conceive, design, and perform experiments independently
- Collaborate with and mentor Research Associates, direct the work of Research Associates as necessary
- Assist company in securing IP from research program discoveries, including detailed descriptions for patent filing and/or proof of concept work, as appropriate
- PhD in immunology or a related discipline; 1-4 years of postdoctoral experience in immunology or immuno-oncology
- Hands-on experience in isolating and manipulating primary immune cells, including T cells
- Expertise in characterizing and analyzing immune cell/subset by multi-color flow cytometry
- Proficiency in performing functional immune cell assays, including proliferation, cytotoxicity, cytokine production
- Experience in viral or non-viral methods of gene transfer techniques
- Self-motivated, scientifically rigorous, highly organized, and with strong attention to detail
- A strong track record of intellectually challenging oneself to enhance scientific capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with peers and effectively work in a results-oriented research environment
- Experience in using genetic engineering tools, including CRISPR
- Experience in murine tumor models
- Passion and sense of urgency for developing important new medicines for devastating diseases
- Collaborative – Openness. One Team.
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude.
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-373 the subject line when emailing resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on CRISPR Therapeutics, please click here.