Sr. Research/ Principal Associate, Genomics Assays
We are seeking a Sr. Research Associate/Principal Research Associate to join an exciting, fast growing, and well-financed company to support development of novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. This person will develop genomic-based non-clinical and clinical assays to support the CRISPR Therapeutics pipeline. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create new medicines for patients.
- Develop, optimize, and characterize high-quality (GLP/GMP-like) genomic assays and prepare SOPs for technology transfer to external collaborators
- Efficiently perform method development and pre-qualification of genomic assays employing drug development phase appropriate strategies
- Supporting multiple preclinical and clinical projects by transferring and qualifying assays and by providing technical expertise when needed
- Planning, transfer and execution of critical assays, samples and reagents to CROs
- Analysis and presentation of experimental data
- Manage a portfolio of genomic assay development and transfer
- Act as project manager for special departmental projects
- Generate and analyze experimental data and present to key stakeholders
- Maintain laboratory equipment, facilities, consumables, and materials
- Maintain clear and complete records of study material and experimental results
- Work cross-functionally with therapeutic, clinical and clinical operation groups
- BS (5+ years) or MS (3+ years) in biology or related discipline,
- Understanding of genomic assay protocols including NGS
- Extensive experience operating instruments used in the genomics space, including those used for capillary electrophoresis and sequencing
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, manage time and workflow, and work independently as well as part of a results-oriented research team
- Proficient in Excel and data analysis/visualization using tools such as GraphPad Prism (or similar).
- Ability to travel, if required (less than 25%)
- Prior experience working in an industry setting such as Biotech, Pharma or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience working in a NGS laboratory and/or sequencing lab, with GLP/GCLP lab experience a plus
- Understanding of gene editing tools (CRISPR, TALEN, or ZFN) as well as previous experience in gene editing
- Prior experience in method optimization of genomic techniques in the context of preclinical and clinical level studies
- Experience in drafting, editing and validating SOPs for use in GLP/GMP environments
- Collaborative – Openness, One Team
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-357 in the subject line when emailing resume to: email@example.com.
For more information on CRISPR Therapeutics, please click here.