Clinical Biomarker and Exploratory Research Associate
We are seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join an exciting, fast growing, and well-financed company to support development of novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. This position reports in to the Clinical Biomarkers and Exploratory Research group within Translational Pharmacology. The ideal candidate will engage in exploratory translational research to contribute to science enabling CRISPR to better understand our therapies as well as our patient population. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create new medicines for patients.
- Develop and perform assays using molecular biology procedures and technologies including:
- DNA/RNA isolation from blood/tissue/FFPE
- ddPCR, qPCR, End-Point PCR, Multiplex PCR, Fluidigm Biomark, and NanoString Ncounter
- NGS library generation, and sequencing on Illumina as well as ABI DNA Analyzer 3500/3730
- Single cell analysis by 10x Genomics Chromium or Fluidigm C1 technologies
- Develop, optimize, and characterize high-quality molecular assays and prepare SOPs for technology transfer to external collaborators
- Evaluate new technologies for use in exploratory research
- Coordinate with vendors and CROs for outsourced activities
- Generate and analyze experimental data and present to key stakeholders
- Maintain laboratory equipment, facilities, consumables, and materials
- Maintain clear and complete records of study material and experimental results
- Work cross-functionally with therapeutic and platform technology groups
- BS (3+ years) or MS (2+ years) in biology or related discipline,
- Understanding of Illumina library prep protocols and extensive experience in preparing Illumina libraries
- Extensive experience operating instruments used in the genomics space, including those used for mid-density gene profiling platforms, capillary electrophoresis and sequencing
- Excellent organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, manage time and workflow, and work independently as well as part of a results-oriented research team
- Proficient in Excel and data analysis/visualization using tools such as GraphPad Prism (or similar) or Tibco Spotfire.
- 4+ years of experience working in a NGS diagnostic laboratory and/or sequencing core lab, with CLIA/CAP lab experience a plus
- Understanding of gene editing tools (CRISPR, TALEN, or ZFN) as well as previous experience in gene editing
- Experience in developing off-the-shelf Illumina library preps protocols
- Hands on experience with 10X Chromium or Fluidigm C1 platforms
- Experience in drafting, editing and validating SOPs for use in GLP/GMP environments
- Collaborative – Openness, One Team
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-409 in the subject line when emailing resume to: email@example.com.
CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.