Director/Sr. Director, Program Management
The successful candidate will play a critical role in achieving outcomes for our R&D programs. This person will join a strong program management team in the Cambridge, MA facility driving the success of R&D development teams. The individual will work collaboratively with the program teams and will manage and integrate the diverse drug development activities in key areas that include discovery, preclinical research, CMC and clinical manufacturing, regulatory affairs, clinical development, commercial, program strategy and finance.
This is an exciting and interdisciplinary role for a highly qualified and motivated individual. The successful candidate will be a confident program manager, with attention to detail and significant prior success in preclinical and early clinical stage program management for therapeutic programs in the biotechnology industry. The ideal candidate will be detail driven and have a proven track record in managing and driving program success. The successful candidate will also have a solid scientific understanding of the biology of genome editing technologies, as well as the development of cell and gene therapies. We are seeking someone with a sense of urgency for developing important new therapies for devastating diseases and who is interested in forging new and uncharted paths for patients with the exciting CRISPR technology.
- Drives program team(s) and is responsible for working closely with Program Leader and program team members to manage the operational aspects of the program(s), including developing overall strategy, tactical implementation plans, fully integrated program plan and timelines, and monitoring key milestones and decision points to drive delivery of program objectives
- Drives team objective setting, prioritization, and tracking ensuring adherence to plan and strategy
- Ensures cross-functional alignment and organizational support for the program plan and timelines by facilitating internal and external stakeholder management
- Implements project plan flawlessly; optimizes and tracks progress of project plans (time, resources)
- Interfaces and coordinates with relevant functional groups to ensure timely execution of program activities including anticipating and identifying program risks, mitigations and contingencies, and supporting timely action plans and issue resolution
- Drives issue identification and resolution and leads contingency planning for program team
- Ensures effective, proactive, and open communications, horizontally and vertically, in order to achieve transparency and clarity of program goals, progress, and issues, and, where necessary, engages line function management, other internal stakeholders and external experts to overcome obstacles
- Represents program to Senior Management; ensures effective communication to align program activities with corporate strategy, and ensure effective program execution
- Identifies and resolves conflicts at program team and functional team level
- Fosters a culture of ownership and single point of accountability with clear timelines, as well as ongoing evaluation, recognition and process improvement
- Is attuned to team dynamics and focuses on team needs directly and/or in partnership with other organizational leaders to ensure optimal team effectiveness
- Focuses operations to deliver results by influencing team members beyond existing benchmarks and their own expectations
- Leads ad-hoc cross-functional task forces and day-to-day operations of program team
- Partners with finance/functional leaders to develop program budget and monitors spend against program budgets
- Addresses capability and capacity needs, and develops program scenario planning for decision-making
- Accountable for comprehensiveness and quality of program information in the respective systems
- Ensures the development and use of key program management tools including GANTT charts, and the use of management logistics and documentation, by all team members, to enhance program delivery and information dissemination to the team and key stakeholders
- Ensures effective program team meetings, logistics and documentation
- Supervises and develops Program Operations Managers to maximize contribution to program team
- For programs that are in alliances, drives reporting and program management with collaboration partners
- 6-10 years’ experience in life sciences industry, with 3-5 years of demonstrated program management experience managing cross-functional product development teams
- Outstanding leadership and management skills with an integrated view of scientific and product development issues, and demonstrated passion for creating new medicines
- Advanced degree in the life sciences (MS, PhD, PharmD) and/or an MBA or formal training in program/project management (PMP certification is a plus)
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively
- Proficiency in project management applications (ex.MS Project, Visio, ThinkCell, MS Timeline) as well as MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Detailed understanding of preclinical and early clinical product development for biologics, and regulatory requirements for IND and CTA filings and First-In-Human clinical trials
- Familiarity with cell and molecular biology techniques
- Strong oral and written communication skills, a high degree of energy, accuracy and attention to detail, and a passion for delivering important new medicines to patients with devastating diseases
- 10+ years’ experience in life sciences industry, with 5+ years of demonstrated program management and leadership experience managing cross-functional product development efforts
- Thorough understanding of the preclinical and early clinical development of cell and gene therapy medicines
- Experience driving gene editing or cell&gene therapy programs
- Advanced planning and tracking skills, capable of managing multiple projects with respect to priorities and self-management
- Expert in Communication and Information management.
- Expert leadership skills demonstrated in program teams, in staff management roles or in other organizational assignments. Expert skills to facilitate/ optimize contributions from team members as individuals and members of a cohesive team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for bridging between scientific and business participants, for driving a program to effective implementation and for managing effective collaborations; strong verbal communication, expert in written communications, expert team player
- Collaborative – Openness. One Team.
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude.
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-374 in the subject line when emailing resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on CRISPR Therapeutics, please click here.
Crispr Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.