Liquid Handling Automation Specialist
We are seeking a Liquid Handling Automation Specialist to join an exciting, fast growing and well-financed company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. The successful candidate will be integral in efforts to discover and develop the next generation of genetic therapies for a wide range of indications. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, smarts, and a desire to play a role in creating new medicines for patients.
- Automate protocols for a range of activities that increase speed, quality, and efficiency of experimental procedures
- Configure, program, and validate liquid handling instruments, working closely with our scientists, to automate sample processing, molecular experiments, and biochemical assays
- Track and document liquid handling methods, usage, and performance as well as perform required maintenance and maintain consumables
- As company evolves, create custom engineering solutions and manage the development cycle including: composing design requirements, feasibility, conceptualization, preliminary design, and manufacturing.
- Run liquid handling programs and train colleagues on instrumentation and best practices
- Draft, edit, and test SOP documentation for internal and external in accordance with GLP/GMP regulations
- M.S. (with 2+ years of automation experience) or B.S. (with 5+ years of automation experience) in engineering, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field
- Experience working with enzymes, nucleic acids, and small volumes
- Proven experience in developing, validating, and trouble-shooting methods and instruments for liquid handling, particularly Hamilton robotic handlers.
- Experience with laboratory automation control software and strong computer skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, strategically manage time and workflow, and work independently as well as in a results-oriented team
- MS in an engineering or science discipline with 5+ years of experience in laboratory automation, field service technician, automation engineer, or application scientist working in molecular biology.
- Expertise in programming, usage, and repair of Hamilton, epMotion, and QIAcube liquid handling instruments
- Understanding of Java, R, or Python or other scripting languages a plus.
- Strong molecular biology skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of IT systems a plus
- Collaborative – Openness, One Team
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-353 in the subject line when emailing resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on CRISPR Therapeutics, please click here.
Crispr Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.