Project Coordinator/Sr. Project Coordinator
The Preclinical and Clinical Assays group is seeking a Project Coordinator/Sr. Project Coordinator to join an exciting, fast-growing, and well-financed new company that develops novel gene editing therapies for severe diseases. The successful candidate will be integral to project and pipeline successes in this fast-growing and maturing research organization. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in project and sample management; additionally, the individual will have adequate hands-on bench/wet lab experience, preferably in a regulated (GLP/GCLP/CLIA) environment. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to contribute to innovative new treatments for patients. The title of this position will be commensurate with experience.
- Contribute to project management
- Coordinate efforts for immune-oncology and other therapeutic area projects
- Manage timelines and deliverables using Gantt Charts or other similar project management software
- Manage potential CRO vendors
- Identify and solicit budget proposals from potential CROs
- Conduct technical audits of CROs to ensure alignment between project needs and industry best practices
- Liaise with the legal team to establish appropriate confidentiality and service agreements
- When necessary, manage outsourced assays
- Manage exploratory clinical research samples
- Support and maintain clinical sample inventory on site as well as external biorepository
- Manage logistics for clinical samples to and from the biorepository; ensure timely delivery of samples to the appropriate internal research teams/CROs for analyses
- Create and maintain sample journeys and clinical sample lab requirements
- BS or MS in Biological Sciences and 3+ years of relevant experience in industry or academia
- Experience contributing to project management and associated operations
- Professionally rigorous, highly organized, and with significant attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with peers and effectively work in a results-oriented team environment
- Hands on experience in various laboratory skills such as ligand binding assays (ELISA, MSD, Luminex, etc.), molecular biology/genomics and reagent generation/characterization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- At least 1 year of assay development and/or sample testing experience in a regulated environment (GLP/GCLP/CLIA)
- At least 1 year of experience working directly with clinical studies/projects
- Experience managing external vendors and CROs
- Experience in authoring and review of SOPs and bioanalytical reports
- Experienced in Microsoft Project (Gantt Charts)
- Experience in sample inventory management
- Collaborative – Openness, One Team
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.