Research Associate/Senior Research Associate: Molecular and Cell Biology, Advanced Editing Group
We are seeking a Research Associate to join the Advanced Editing Group at CRISPR Therapeutics, an exciting, fast growing and well-financed company. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a team whose aim is to discover the next generation of genetic therapies for a wide range of indications. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail and a desire to create new medicines for patients.
- Perform research with the aims of developing next-generation gene editing strategies using CRISPR-based gene editing tools
- Perform research requiring molecular biology techniques including cloning, qPCR, NGS, RNA and DNA analysis, ddPCR and other plate-based assays
- Perform basic biochemistry processes and assays, including protein extraction, protein gel electrophoresis, western blots and reagent preparation
- Perform research requiring cell biology techniques including cell culture, transfection, FACS, and cell-based assays
- Analysis and presentation of experimental data
- BS in biology or related discipline, with 2+ years of relevant research experience
- Extensive experience with molecular biology techniques: DNA & RNA isolation and PCR (qRT, ddPCR, etc) and some basic biochemical expertise
- Deep experience in primary as well as cell line tissue culture
- Proficient in flow cytometry, including preparation of samples, and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record of intellectually challenging oneself to enhance scientific capabilities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a results-oriented research team; highly organized with significant attention to detail
- BS or MS in biology or related discipline and 4+ years of relevant research experience
- Prior experience with modulating gene expression using siRNA, shRNA, or gene-editing platforms
- Prior experience with basic biochemical techniques like protein extraction and western blotting
- Prior experience with gene editing/CRISPR/Cas9
- Collaborative – Openness, One Team
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-396 in the subject line when emailing resume to: email@example.com.
CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.