Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Molecular Biology and NGS
We are seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join an exciting, fast growing and well-financed company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. The successful candidate will be integral in discovering and developing the next generation of genetic therapies for a wide range of indications. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail and a desire to create new medicines for patients.
- Perform research requiring molecular biology techniques including qPCR, ddPCR, RNA and DNA purification, NGS library prep, Illumina library QC, and NGS sequencing.
- Develop and optimize NGS assays that characterize and measure gene editing outcomes
- Gather and analyze experimental data under the direction of the research scientist or group leader, present to key stakeholders
- Communicate and coordinate with therapeutic groups on projects/experiments
- Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities
- BS or MS in biology or related discipline and 2+ years of relevant research experience
- Deep understanding of Illumina library prep protocols and extensive and diverse experiences in preparing Illumina libraries
- Extensive experience operating instruments used in the genomics space, including those used for capillary electrophoresis, robotic liquid handling, and sequencing
- Experience in working with wet and dry lab scientists and understanding large data sets
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills
- Track record of challenging oneself to enhance scientific skills and knowledge
- Ability to think, strategically manage time and workflow, and work independently as well as in a results-oriented research team
- 2+ years of experience working in a NGS diagnostic laboratory and/or sequencing core lab
- Prior research experience in biotech, in particular, focusing on mammalian gene therapy or gene editing
- Experience in developing off-the-shelf Illumina library preps protocols
- Experience with Illumina Basespace and NGS analytical validation tools
- Experience with long-read NGS technologies
- Collaborative – Openness, One Team
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-395 in the subject line when emailing resume to: email@example.com.
CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.