Senior/Principal Research Associate (PCR), Analytical Development
We are seeking a Senior/Principal Research Associate to join an exciting, fast growing and well financed company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. The successful candidate will join the Technical Operations (Tech Ops) group at CRISPR Therapeutics, focusing on development of analytical methods for ex vivo genetically modified cells to support the development of gene editing programs. The individual will develop and qualify PCR-based assays (qPCR and ddPCR) to measure gene editing in target and non-target cells, characterizing genome changes, as well as assays to measure viral genome titer. The successful candidate will independently design, perform, and analyze experiments for multiple preclinical and clinical programs, and support process development and product characterization under guidance.
- Develop and qualify quantitative assays measuring gene editing using ddPCR
- Develop and qualify virus genome titer and virus infectious titer using ddPCR and/or qPCR.
- Work with Process Development to generate and analyze process development data to develop an understanding of cellular product critical quality attributes to guide testing and process control strategies
- Develop data sets supporting product specification and for qualification and/or validation of cell-based assays at CMOs and GMP test labs
- Author technical reports on assay development/optimization and SOPs for assay performance
- Assist with the technical transfer of assays to Manufacturing or external CMOs/OTLs
- Analyze and present experimental data
- MS or BS in life sciences and 6+ years of relevant assay development experience in industry
- Experience in analytical method development, qualification/validation
- Significant hands-on experience in development ddPCR/qPCR-based assays
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in tech transfer of assays to QC labs
- Experience with blood and cellular analytical methods including cell counting and flow cytometry
- Experience in assay development for cell and gene therapy product
- Collaborative – Openness, One Team
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-399 in the subject line when emailing resume to: email@example.com.
CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.