Senior Research Associate, Stem Cell Engineering Group
As part of the Stem Cell Engineering Group, we are seeking a Senior Research Associate to join an exciting, fast-growing and well-financed company to develop novel gene editing and cellular therapies for serious diseases. Successful candidates will be integral in developing stem cell-derived therapies for regenerative medicine. Successful candidates will have strong cellular and molecular biology skills with extensive experience in gene editing using CRISPR/Cas9 in human induced pluripotent stem cells. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create important new therapies for patients.
- Conduct time sensitive experiments and analyze data under the direction of a Research Scientist.
- Culture of human iPSC including maintenance, expansion, transfection and differentiation to various lineages.
- Demonstrated experience with aseptic cell culture methods, including cryopreserving, thawing, and expanding cell lines. Experience with cell culture and cell-based assays (ELISA, FACS, IHC).
- Point person for conducting key analytical testing of differentiated and edited cells.
- Perform research requiring molecular biology techniques including DNA/RNA analysis, qPCR/ddPCR, and other plate-based assays.
- Prepare detailed research reports and present findings to internal groups.
- BS or MS in biology or related discipline and 5+ years of relevant research experience
- Prior experience with mammalian cell culture techniques and gene-editing platforms
- Prior experience with PCR, FACS, IHC, ELISA
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record of intellectually challenging oneself to enhance scientific abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a results-oriented research team
- Highly organized with significant attention to detail
- BS or MS in stem cell biology or related discipline and 8+ years of relevant research experience
- Experience in maintenance and differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells
- Expertise in gene editing
- Prior experience with in vitro assay development
- Familiarity with immunology and prior experience working with humanized in vivo models
- Collaborative – Openness, One Team
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-393 in the subject line when emailing resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.