Sr. Director, Alliance Management & Business Development
We are seeking an Alliance Management and Business Development professional to foster and maintain existing strategic collaborations, and to establish new partnerships. The individual will be the lead alliance manager for CRISPR’s collaboration with Vertex – working closely with the project team to manage the partnership and ensure efficiency and optimal performance. In addition, the individual will be responsible for search and evaluation, proposing new collaborations to senior management, and negotiating partnership agreements with a focus on accessing new technologies to support CRISPR’s in vivo programs. This person will join a strong team in the Cambridge, MA facility.
This is an exciting and interdisciplinary role for a highly qualified and motivated individual. The successful candidate will combine a strong research and preclinical development background with the organizational and interpersonal skills required to build and foster strong relationships with collaborators. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to be both detail-oriented and to think strategically. The successful candidate will also have experience in multiple modes of therapeutics, including cell-based therapy and gene therapy. We are seeking someone with a sense of urgency for developing important new medicines for devastating diseases and who is interested in forging new and uncharted paths to patients for the exciting CRISPR technology.
- Build strong relationships internally and externally with all key stakeholders in the collaboration, and help connect CRISPR stakeholders with partners through relationship mapping
- Partner with committee members involved in collaborations to resolve issues and help imbed partnering best practices within our collaboration teams
- Proactively monitor all aspects of the partnership and identify potential issues and possible solutions; gaining internal alignment and taking accountability for closure
- Manage dispute resolution and engage internal and external decision makers
- Manage collaborations consistent with the contract and governance structure; in a manner that will maximize value including organizing and facilitating all governance meetings (e.g. joint steering committees)
- Monitor the health and effectiveness of the partnership
- Help build a partner focused collaborative culture for the teams and functional managers involved in collaborations
- Support the smooth transition from the deal signing to launch in an effective manner including forward integration during negotiations
- Understand project/partnership details to manage day to day issues arising from the collaboration
- Prioritize areas for potential new partnerships based on consideration of strategic priorities
- Search for, evaluate, and triage externally generated licensing and/or collaboration opportunities
- Participate in and lead negotiations for business transactions
- Work effectively with legal, finance and scientific teams and make business development proposals to senior management.
- 10 years of experience in life sciences industry, with 5 years of experience in business development, alliance management, or R&D leadership positions
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, the ability to think strategically, and demonstrated passion for creating new medicines
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD or MBA)
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively
- Strong oral and written communication skills, a high degree of energy, accuracy and attention to detail, and a passion for delivering important new medicines to patients with devastating diseases
- 10+ years of experience in life sciences industry, with 8+ years of experience in business development, alliance management, or R&D leadership positions
- Experience leading gene editing or gene therapy programs
- Collaborative – Openness, One Team
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-393 in the subject line when emailing resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crispr Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.